Previously On…The Hills and What to Expect for The Hills: New Beginnings!
Feel the rain on your skin…all over again. Yes, MTV has decided to reboot the ever popular pseudo-reality show, ‘The Hills’ for another round and this time, it legit makes absolutely no sense. When we left the OG cast on July 13, 2010, it was a jaw-dropping moment, for sure. Spencer and Heidi had gotten married but he was all into his crystals and had all but alienated their friends, especially after Mrs. Pratt’s 10 plastic surgeries she underwent in one day. She could barely chew so it was a bit difficulty to watch that trainwreck. The show had been helmed by Lauren Conrad for five seasons until she passed the torch to former ‘Laguna Beach’ rival, Kristin Cavallari. With the addition of Kristin came somewhat of a budding romance between her and Lauren’s fling, Brody Jenner, who actually dated Kristin for a long time when they were younger. He was dating a playmate but it looked like they were having constant problems so enter Kristin. She also went after Justin Bobby, a long time on and off partner of OG cast member, Audrina Patridge but she also had a relationship with Corey Bohan and was dating Ryan Cabrera during the Kristin days.
Stephanie Pratt, Spencer’s sister, was part of the gang as she was recovering from a DUI and Lo Bosworth had struck around even though bestie, Lauren was gone. At the end of the series, we saw Kristin make the choice to find herself in London so Brody came to bid her farewell. He hugged her and said he did not know seeing another girl would force her into this. She got into her towncar and drove off but soon, the cameras panned away, car stopped, Kristin got out and it was all just a soundstage. What was real and what was fake? We had no idea. Plus, there was an alternate ending where the girl Brody went home to was none other than Lauren so there’s that. The truth about the show was the first few seasons had reality elements but it also had staging for entertainment value. Then, it just went downhill. Now, here we are, nine years later for ‘The Hills: New Beginnings’ and this is who we have back:
- Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt who now have a son, Gunner. Spencer received his college degree three years after the series wrapped and has been a reality TV staple, along with his wife. It is rumored they spent a good majority of their fortune on crystals.
- Audrina Patridge: she said good-bye to Justin Bobby but not reality TV, having a short-lived series on VH1. She was also a contestant on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ and has had some acting credits to her name. In 2016, she married Corey Bohan but they divorced just two years later with the couple having one daughter, Kirra. She did reconnect with ex, Ryan Cabrera but that has since fizzled so let’s see what happens with her and JB.
- Brody Jenner: he has stayed in the spotlight since his siblings are Kylie and Kendall Jenner, former step-siblings are the Kardashians, and his father transitioned from male to female. He also dated Avril Lavigne but wed Kaitlynn Carter just last year.
- Justin “Bobby” Brescia: he’s been an active hairstylist off of the grid with his own vegan product line. Now, he is back to steal and break some hearts.
- Stephanie Pratt: though estranged at times from her whackadoo brother, she has also stayed in reality TV as well as fashion. She also penned a memoir about her struggles with drug addiction and has been very open about her struggles with eating disorders.
- Frankie Delgado: he always knew where the party was but now, he is married to Jennifer Acosta and they have two kids. He has got his hand in a bunch of pots so hopefully we will see them all come to fruition on the show.
- Whitney Port: as Lauren’s Teen Vogue and People’s Rev co-worker, she became a close friend but was always super driven. She left the show after season four to go to NYC and became the star of the spin-off ‘The City,’ lasting two seasons. She has dabbled in fashion with her own line, Whitney Eve, wrote a book, has been on reality TV as a judge, and now she is a wife and a mother to a baby boy.
- Mischa Barton: we don’t get it
- Brandon Lee: we don’t get it
Jason Wahler, who was Lauren Conrad’s boyfriend during the end of her time on ‘Laguna Beach’ and kept her from going to Paris at the end of season one of ‘The Hills’ is also back so this should be interesting. The series premieres tonight on MTV at 10pm directly after ‘Teen Mom OG.’
Join us here on Previously On for all your celebrity, television and movie news! Follow us on Twitter and keep up with us on Facebook to join in the conversations! Want to see more from our Editor, Mandi Nowitz? Follow her on Twitter and like her on Facebook to join in on the conversations!