Previously On…The Voice Season 16 Battle Rounds Night 1 Recap!
Previously On The Voice, it was night one of the Battle Rounds where two artists from the same team go head to head in order to secure a spot on their coaches team. They are prepped by their coaches who had some extra help: Adam Levine had Charlie Puth; reigning champ, Kelly Clarkson had Kelsea Ballerini; Blake Shelton had Brooks & Dunn; and John Legend had Khalid. Each coach has steals they can use for the contestant who is not kept by their coach and, in the end, the next round is no longer the Knockouts but rather the Live Cross Battles. Sounds scary. Here is who made it so far:
- SHAWN SOUNDS VS. MATTHEW JOHNSON: “NEVER TOO MUCH”- WINNER IS SHAWN BUT MATTHEW WAS STOLEN BY KELLY.
- MAELYN JARMON VS. SAVANNAH BRISTER: “WHEN WE WERE YOUNG”- WINNER IS MAELYN.
- THE BUNDYS VS. MIKAELA ASTEL: “SONGBIRD”- WINNER IS THE BUNDYS.
- JEJ VINSON VS. BETH GRIFFITH-MANLEY: “JEALOUS”- WINNER IS JEJ BUT BETH IS STOLEN BY JOHN.
- GYTH RIGDON VS. ROD STOKES: “DRUNK ME”- WINNER IS GYTH BUT ROD GETS STOKEN BY ADAM.
- DOMENIC HAYNES VS. TREY ROSE: “I NEED A DOLLAR”- WINNER IS DOMENIC.
And there you have it. For the next few weeks, the show will only air once a week then, starting April 8th and 9th, it will go back to Monday and Tuesday. For now, you can catch it Monday evenings on NBC at 8pm.
Join us here on Previously On for all your celebrity, television and movie news! Follow us on Twitter and keep up with us on Facebook to join in the conversations! Want to see more from our Editor, Mandi Nowitz? Follow her on Twitter and like her on Facebook to join in on the conversations!